Asbestos Removal Training Courses
ASBESTOS CHANGES AS OF 16 MAY 2014
Removing the requirement for applicants to nominate a supervisor to the WH regulator when applying for a class B asbestos removal license.
Removing the requirement for the B Class Asbestos Removal supervisors to complete CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal.
Specifying that when B Class removal work is being carried out by more than one person; a supervisor must be readily available.
The license holder must ensure the supervisor has the following credentials:
- Over 18 years of age
- Has a certificate in either the CPCCDE3014A Remove Non-friable Asbestos or CPCCDE3015A Remove Friable Asbestos
- Has a minimum of 12 months relevant industry experience.
This will provide more flexibility around who can do the clearance inspection for the B Class Asbestos removal.
- Certification in asbestos removal A Class or B Class have been added to the definition of a “competent person”
- The competent person can be either from an asbestos removal business providing they have not been directly involved in the asbestos removal work.
Providing additional requirements if a clearance certificate following the B Class removal work has been issued when it should not have been issued (i.e.: asbestos debris left on site).
If issued with an improvement or prohibitive notice directing the site clean-up by the licensed removalist must ensure there is a new clearance inspection conducted by another independent competent person.
The cost associated with the required clean-up and new clearance inspection cannot be imposed on the occupier / owner of the removal site.
For workplace buildings, an asbestos register is not required if the building was:
- Constructed after December 31 1989 (instead of December 2003)
- No asbestos has been identified at the work site
- No asbestos is likely to be present at the work site
- Clarification that asbestos registers are not required for domestic premises.
We offer the following Asbestos Removal Training Courses:
- CPCCDE3014A – Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (B Class Training);
- CPCCDE3015A – Remove Friable Asbestos (A Class Training); and ** NEW **
- CPCCBC4051A – Supervise Asbestos Removal.
By training with us, we provide you:
- Real industry training conducted by experts who work in the Asbestos Removal industry;
- Knowledge on what is happening in the industry including health issues, asbestos registers, monitoring, removal plans, safe work method statements and clearance inspections; and
- Practical exercises covering area setup, putting on PPE and fitting/testing respirators, tools & equipment, asbestos removal methods, decontamination and waste removal.
This course is for the training required to competently remove asbestos and training organisations are not authorised to give LICENCES only WHS QUEENSLAND CAN ISSUE THE LICENCE.
GTS LIKE ALL OTHER RTO’s DO NOT ISSUE LICENCES ONLY TRAINING CERTIFICATES
We also offer:
- Plenty of FREE parking;
- A comfortable air-conditioned training room;
- Refreshments and a light lunch; and
- Convenient public transport (Bus – 5 mins walk).
Proud to be partnered with..