Traffic cONTROL training
RIIWHS205D CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH A STOP/SLOW BAT
Course assessment duration is approx. 4 hours
Renewal Process requirements
Participants will be required to bring copies of their work dockets/ timesheets
(showing 32 hours of traffic control work conducted throughout the year)
and a letter from their company confirming their employment and use of traffic control as part of their duties.
COMPULSORY Renewing participants are to be provided with a Traffic Controller Ready Reckoner and a printed copy of the TCASAP.
The participant must demonstrate the following minimum knowledge evidence for controlling traffic with stop-slow bat:
- explain the legal powers to control traffic and the Traffic Controller Authority
- identify and describe the required Traffic Controller compliance documentation (for example TCASAP, MUTCD, Transport and Main Roads Uniform Standard)
- describe the use of Dimension D
- conduct risk assessments
- determine escape path
- describe the Traffic Control set-up – placement of Traffic Controller symbolic/PTS sign and associated Traffic Controller related signage and devices, and Traffic Controller positioning
- identify the travel path
- report incidents.
The participant must demonstrate the following minimum performance evidence for controlling traffic with stop-slow bat:
- demonstrate the sequence of stop/slow in accordance with TCASAP
- demonstrate the use of a two-way radio and communication with other Traffic Controllers.
THIS LICENSE IS VALID FOR A THREE-YEAR PERIOD AND IS VALID FOR QUEENSLAND ONLY